A healthy flight
Take the stress out of long-distance flights. Here are some valuable tips for inflight well-being:
- Remember to drink plenty of fluids, as the low humidity on board will dehydrate your skin and body. The best drinks are mineral water or sugar-free fruit juices.
- Avoid alcohol; alcohol dilates the blood vessels, which in turn may lead to swollen legs.
- Make sure that you stand up every now and again and walk up and down in the cabin. This will keep your circulation active.
- Wear loose, comfortable clothes.
- To avoid conjunctivitis, please wear spectacles and not contact lenses.
First aid is available in the DRK (German Red Cross) centre at the airport.